Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Failed Small to Big (In Class)

I'm unsure exactly how this Class Strawberry ChapStick came into my possession.  Did I buy it from the impulse isle at the grocery store?  Did I steal it from my little sister's collection?  Did I come across it in my car? Did someone leave it in a school bathroom and did I pick it up not wanting to waste what was left of it?  As sure as I am this last conclusion is incorrect, I still don't know how it got into my backpack.

Over the years I have had my fair share of chapstick.  I couldn't name all of the brands I've purchased or received (or even found).  My favorite brand so far has been Esso.  You know, the one shaped like a little egg that costs three to five dollars.  Then there's the Classic Chapstick.  The cheapest buy, but this brand really goes to work on chapped lips.  Mint, strawberry, regular, etc.  Such a wide variety is offered, I can't say I've used them all.  Another of my favorites is Baby Lips, a new brand by Maybelline.  I can say for certain I've only tried two 'flavors' my whole life, but I now know to watch out for the ones that show a hint of color.  I'd rather not walk the halls of school with orange lips again.

All chapstick across the world, no matter what, holds at least one fault.  It is impossible to go through a whole stick without losing it.  Impossible.  Okay, I know I'm not alone when I say that I have never managed to go through a whole entire stick of chapstick before I manage to misplace it.  I'd be interested in seeing how much money I have spent on chapstick throughout my entire life.  My guess is that it would be alarming.

1 comment:

  1. "Did someone leave it in a school bathroom and did I pick it up not wanting to waste what was left of it? As sure as I am this last conclusion is incorrect, I still don't know how it got into my backpack."

    :) Funny!

    I'm a great believer in making something of nothing much--a much better writing plan than making something of something already big. You do it wonderfully here in your meditation on chapstick.

    FWIW, I like Burts Bees, and keep it in the cupholder of my car and NEVER lose it. Just sayin.'

    ReplyDelete