Monday, May 6, 2013

May Second, Thursday (Part II of Choice #1, Theme 15)

Days can be exhausting.  Especially ones that revolve around twelve hours of school.  This could involve two activities.  Homework and/or classes.  May I just say it again with a little more emphasis, TWELVE HOURS OF SCHOOL.  Who in their right mind would wake up at eight a.m. to go in and do homework until a class for an hour and fifteen minutes at 2:30 in the afternoon.  Then only to begin homework again until the library closes at 9.  At night.

Call me crazy, but I tried to open the books again after a long shower.  Ten minutes of staring blankly at a screen I wasn't even aware I was looking at led me to just say, ahh screw it.  Successful studying just wasn't possible.

Next came the nightly routine.  Brushed my teeth.  Swallowed meds followed by three gulps of cold water.  Went to the bathroom for final time of the day.  Said my goodnights, scaring mom as usual.  Then ventured towards my room to relieve my overstimulated brain.

I'd like to say I got into bed, laid my head on my pillow, said my prayers, and fell into a deep sleep.  But I can't.  I blame the producers of The Breakfast Club.  Oh, and my mom for only happening to have her TV turned on this night of all nights.  It was almost done. They were dancing throughout the library. Only ten minutes longer till I can sleep.

But no.  It just so happens mom and little sister invested in this same film just last week.  Mom was so kind as to tell me where it was and me not being able to let things go, went downstairs, popped it in, and fought my eye-lids for an hour and thirty-seven minutes.

Let's just say five-thirty came early along with confirmation of why it's not a good idea to sleep on the couch living with a family of six.

1 comment:

  1. The old movie 'The Breakfast Club'????

    That's like all the actors in it are getting Social Security now!

    ReplyDelete