Monday, May 6, 2013

First Day of May, Wednesday (Part I of Choice #1, Theme 15)

I never set my alarm clock.  Turning the big twenty-one in December and I still have someone wake me up every morning.  With such a hectic night schedule, I use my mornings for sleep.  Sleeping in past noon isn't a difficult challenge for me.  If I don't request a wake up visit I sleep as long as I physically can.  Well, I say sleep.  It's actually more like limbo between barely awake and dream land.  I'll fight my eyelid's desperate request to open for three or more hours.  It's not really a healthy way to sleep, but it's the only time I have.

Why don't I just use nighttime to sleep like every normal person on planet Earth?  That questions easy.  Like I said earlier, the scheduled path I am being guided through permits me from doing so.  The thought probably drifting through your mind is something along the lines of, actually there's another term for that.  It goes a little something like bad time management.  One might feel they could easily argue so, but I know differently.

If I wasn't in school during the afternoon and my teachers didn't throw homework at me left and right, I would sleep at night. 
If I wasn't involved in soccer, piano, work, I would sleep at night. 
If the television corporations aired good shows during different hours to avoid distracting me, I would sleep at night. 
If the other family members in my house were quiet throughout the day, I would sleep at night.
If my cats were sane and understood the concept of the proper hours to have spazz attacks, I would sleep at night.

So it's everyone else's fault you don't sleep at night, you ask.  That all depends on how you look at it.  From my point of view, I'm the victim here.

Or at least I use to be...  The difference from then and now is last night I set my alarm clock to 8:02 a.m. 

1 comment:

  1. "If I wasn't in school during the afternoon and my teachers didn't throw homework at me left and right, I would sleep at night.
    If I wasn't involved in soccer, piano, work, I would sleep at night.
    If the television corporations aired good shows during different hours to avoid distracting me, I would sleep at night.
    If the other family members in my house were quiet throughout the day, I would sleep at night.
    If my cats were sane and understood the concept of the proper hours to have spazz attacks, I would sleep at night."

    That's particularly good stuff, very nicely written.

    ReplyDelete