Monday, May 6, 2013

Third of May, Friday (Part III of Choice #1, Theme 15)

Too much to do.  Too much to think.  Too much to say.  Too much to finish.  Too little room for errors.

If I could have passed up sleep last night, I would have.  I'm trying to go on a no all-nighter streak this semester of finals.  There have been too many repercussions these last three semesters for a night of no sleep to look appealing.  So I settled for eleven.  Or midnight.  Or one.  Alright, I can't remember.

Stress destroyed any chance of a good night's sleep.  If someone was able to look inside my head, they would have seen a very confusing ping pong match being played.  Homework, class, piano, Cinco de Mayo, Presque Isle, trig, work, soccer, homework, on and on it went.  Eventually frustration came out in the form of tears.

My hope for falling asleep was that everything would be more relaxing and I'd have no worries.  This wasn't so.  Last night was the first night in a long time that I've had a nightmare.  It was one of the ones that doesn't leave you when you wake up.  One of those that makes you not want to go to sleep ever again.  So now on top of everything, I'm dreading climbing into bed tonight.

1 comment:

  1. A sleep diary seems like a very good and fruitful idea for you--lets you take a look back over the day as you face the same problem every night. Or rather it's the same but different every night because each preceding day is the same--but different.

    ReplyDelete