Sunday, February 3, 2013

Prompt 9: To Clean, or Not to Clean?

It's an embarrassment.  Why would you want friends to come over and see this dump?  You're in college. You should know how to clean up after yourself.  Am I wrong?

The thing is, cleaning is lame.  It takes too much time out of other things that I could be doing.  Interesting things like; playing the piano, watching eight episodes of FRIENDS, reading another chapter of The Hobbit, Facebook creeping, painting my nails, playing Just Dance with my little brother, juggling, building the Big Ben out of LEGOs.

You know you're going to regret not doing it.  It's going to pile up, up, and up.  Before you know, you won't even be able to see your floor.  Take that back, you can't even see your floor right now.  For someone with perfection issues, it's quite ironic that this heap of mess is what you live in.

I admit.  It's getting to me now.  But if I just divert my attention to anything, say.... That Cosmo magazine over there, poof.  There goes my fretting.  It does get pretty bad at night though.  I just don't feel like doing it right now. I'm going to go downstairs for the fifteenth time in twenty minutes just to walk right back up here.

You know that sleeping in such a mess can ruin your sleep.  There have been studies that have shown it has more of an effect than you realize.  You know, sleeping in a dirty room?  Maybe that's why your sleeping has been such an issue.  There's a solution to every problem.  The simple one here, CLEAN YOUR ROOM.

I really should, shouldn't I?  I'll just go over here and begin with putting my movies back in alphabetical order.

Wow.  You're going to start with organization of something so minor like that, that isn't really even a priority right now.  Typical you.

Trust me. It'll take me half an hour or so.  It's always good for me to get start with something that interests me so I can get swept up into the whole cleaning momentum.  Organization is a good lead. It'll work.

You know it never does.

Alright.  So I'll start by categorizing the Holocaust movies first in alphabetical order.  Then I'll do the animated ones.  Then I'll do the movies with my favorite actors; Tom Hardy, Robert Downey Jr., and Jim Sturgess.  Then I'll do the rest! Okay. So here's The Reader. I love David Kross. He acts so well in this for such a young kid.  Ralph Fiennes is also in this, I forgot about that.  I haven't seen this in so long.  I'm going to watch it.

Told you so.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, you really know how to get around your 'cleaner' self--what a piece of mental jiu-jitsu! Just a little organizing first to get you into the cleaning--ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notable in this is how much of a visual the dialogue creates and also how much of a personal portrait is offered.

    ReplyDelete