Sunday, January 20, 2013

I Am A Writer

I have always had a love of reading.  My love for books and reading lead me to writing.  The earliest that I can remember devoting numerous periods of time writing was the third grade, the year the Twin Towers came crashing down.  I remember this because I believe I did a piece on it.  As much of a piece that an 8 year old could do.  My teacher, Mrs. Gallant, had the largest impact on me out of all my non secondary mentors.  I was introduced to Roald Dahl and my creativity only grows from there.  

Throughout my early middle school years, I was very interested in fantasy.  This is when I began actually keeping a journal every single day. Well, as close as I could.  

Moving into high school, I did not write as much but never stopped loving it.  It wasn't until my senior year of high school that I took a creative writing class and it was honestly the best experience of my life.  See, I was going through a difficult time and the teacher connected and helped me more than any other in the past.  Because of her, I now like to write as much as I can and take up writing classes when I get a chance.  

I write, because I love to.

2 comments:

  1. You don't feel any fear and hatred of writing? How can that be? Haven't you found that sometimes your own writing can turn on you, betray you, show you up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess I didn't think of it that way.

    ReplyDelete