Sunday, January 20, 2013

Prompt 2

An abstract map of the world painted by Jasper Johns stares at me while I sit upon an inflated air mattress.
A blank white ceiling with a lone ceiling fan based in its center stares at me while my shoulders and back rest on a large stuffed animal.
A cork board with miscellaneous memorabilia of my past stares at me while I tilt my head to one side staring at the computer screen held up by my legs in front of me.
Elvis and Marilyn Monroe stare at me from another land in a black frame while my fingers move across  my Macbook's keys.
Both of my large bookcases full of novels, magazines, and more stare at me while my chest moves up and down with each inhale and exhale of breath.
My mirror stares at me while I look at myself and all that surrounds.

1 comment:

  1. I particularly like that last sentence which has a very satisfying feel (all those stares!) --and, of course, the items listed are all done with grace and economy.

    ReplyDelete