Sunday, January 20, 2013

You Are A Writer

You began writing younger than most.  You've always had dreams of aspirations of becoming a writer. At different points of time you were interested in so many different types of writing styles.  Once you were going to write the next Harry Potter.  Then it was historical fiction.  Next it was a memoir of what you have experienced and how you could help others going through the same life struggles as you.  Now you're not so sure.

You do know it will not be poetry.  You're not a fan.  You don't understand it.  You'd much rather write a novel of sorts and put meaning in prose.

What will you write?

You will be a historian.  You will write of history.  You will try and not allow people to forget because after all,

"Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it"   - George Satayana




3 comments:

  1. And you're interested in historical fiction, right? WW2? What part of that global, forever-fascinating conflict?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. That's my preferred era to research. Well, it's actually not WWII itself. It's the Holocaust. It just fascinates and perplexes me at the same time as to how human beings can be capable of such horrible things. I think it's not understanding the mindset that just makes me want to research it more, and more, and more. I've been writing, reading, and even watching about it since I first read the book "If I Should Die Before I wake" when I was 13 and in 7th grade. I've actually spoken with a survivor for the I-Search paper I had to do my last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not pleasant, but, I agree, fascinating.

    ReplyDelete