Sunday, January 27, 2013

It was the first, but not the best--or was it?

I wasn't popular.  I often got in trouble.  Things called pink slips, they were bad.  I had a large collection of them each year.  I got in some fights.  If I didn't lose, I would at least get in trouble.  Once again.  I had an attention problem.  An impulse problem that craved attention.  I couldn't sleep at friends houses without being picked up because I was homesick.  Then I'd get made fun of.  I would feel lonely.  I felt weird.  Out of place.  Out of touch.  But was I really?
I did have a best friend.  No two best friends.  I was very smart and top in my class.... I had a teacher give me an introduction to favorite author's of mine today.  Told me I could make something out of myself if I wished.  It was right.
Then.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy all these short sentences. Even the fragments. I like the plunge-right-in, take-no-prisoners style. And the mysterious quality lurking behind and through it all.

    ReplyDelete